Samsung Galaxy Mini
You can use your phone to create an internet connection from a laptop or desktop. Follow these instructions to use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
You need to set up your phone for internet to use this function. Click here for more information.
1. Find "Tethering and portable hots"
- Press the menu icon.
- Press Settings.
- Press Wireless and networks.
- Press Tethering and portable hots.
- Press Mobile AP to turn on the function.
- When the box next to the menu item is ticked (V), the function is turned on.
- Press Mobile AP settings.
- Press Configure mobile AP.
- Press the field below Network SSID.
- Key in the required name.
- Press the drop down list below Security.
- Press Open or WPA2 PSK.
- If you selected WPA2 PSK:
- Press the field below Password and key in a password (minimum length of eight characters).
- Press Save.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the other device.
- Find the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select your phone on the list.
- Key in the same password you entered in step 5 and establish a connection to your phone.
- When the connection is established, you can access the internet from the other device.
- Press to return to standby mode.