Nokia Lumia 610
If you're using a POP3 email account in your email application on your computer, you can also set it up on your phone. Follow these instructions to set up your phone for POP3 email.
Please note that these instructions are based on a POP3 email account. If you have a web-based email account, you need to use the settings for web-based email. Click here for information on how to the set up your phone for web-based email.
To send and receive email messages, you need an internet connection. Your phone automatically receives the necessary settings to connect to the internet. If it's not possible, you can set up your phone manually. Click here for information on how to set up your phone for internet.
1. Find "email + accounts"
- Press arrow right to access the main menu.
- Press Settings.
- Press email + accounts.
- Press add an account.
- Press advanced setup.
- Press the field below Email address and key in your email address.
- Press the field below Password and key in the password for your email account.
- Press next.
- Press Internet email.
- Press the field below Account name and key in a name for the email account.
- Press the field below Your name and key in the required sender name.
- Press the field below Incoming email server and key in the name of your email provider's incoming email server.
- Press the field below Account type.
- Press POP3.
- Press the field below Username and key in the username for your email account.
- Press the field below Outgoing (SMTP) email server and key in mail.vodafone.ie
- Press Outgoing server requires authentication to turn off SMTP authentication.
- When the box next to the menu item is empty, SMTP authentication is turned off.
- Press advanced settings.
- Press Require SSL for incoming email and Require SSL for outgoing email to turn off SSL encryption.
- When the box next to the menu items is empty, SSL encryption is turned off.
- Press the field below Download new content.
- Press the required period or manually.
- Press the field below Download email from.
- Press the required period or any time.
- Press sign in.
- Wait while the email account is activated.
- Press to return to standby mode.